1 For what purpose do we process personal data?
· 1.1. Purchases of goods and services
We most often process your personal data in order to fulfil a Purchase Agreement, so that we can successfully process your order sent via our website, mobile application or customer line and deliver the goods to you. The email address and telephone number are used to send an order confirmation, deliver a confirmation of receipt of payment, or send an electronic invoice, as well as to keep you informed about the status of your order and any other individual communication regarding the order.
· 1.2. Marketing offers
· 1.3. Customising and creating content, ensuring better website traffic
We want to customise the content and recommend goods you are interested in. For this reason, we use the personal data we collect to personalise the content and offers on our website. The marketing offers you see may be selected on the basis of additional information we have obtained about you over time on the basis of contact and demographic information and favourites, as well as other information related to the use of our website. However, we do not perform fully automated processing that would have legal effects for you.
We process information about your behaviour on our website, which allows us to obtain information on the basis of which we can constantly improve our website for you to make it as user-friendly as possible. We may also process your personal data to generate various statistics, such as tracking traffic or measuring the effectiveness of advertising, as well as to test new functionalities of our website or mobile application. Information about your behaviour on the website is important, among other things, for any prevention of attacks on our website.
You can also create certain content on our website. If you decide to write a review of the products you have purchased, we will process your personal data in order to process and display that review. If you join the discussion of our blog articles and leave us a comment, we will process your personal data in order to process and display that comment.
· 1.4. Customer support and communication
We are constantly striving to improve the services provided by our customer service, and in order to be able to respond to your requests as quickly as possible and provide that service, we need your personal data to successfully process your requests or eliminate potential problems in fulfilling a Purchase Agreement or Kidsapo Agreement. If you contact us by phone, we will record your call with us after prior notice so that we can continue to improve our services.
We also use the personal data we have collected for the purpose of communication with you and its individual adaptation. For example, we may contact you by phone, email, mobile application or otherwise to remind you that you have items in your shopping cart or to help you complete your order. Furthermore, we may contact you to inform you of the current status of your request, order or complaint, or to obtain additional information from you. We may also notify you that you need to take the necessary action to keep your customer account active.
· 1.5. Notification of the availability of products
If you set the availability monitoring function for unavailable products, we will inform you at the moment of re-stocking the product by a message sent to the email address you provided.
· 1.6. Satisfaction assessment on rating portals
In connection with a purchase, you may also receive a request for its rating through a selected rating portal. In that case, the purpose of processing is to determine your satisfaction.
· 1.7. User testing and organising events
If you participate in the user testing programme we offer, we process your personal data in order to test new or existing functionalities of our systems.
If you participate in an event that we organise, we process your personal data in order to plan, arrange and evaluate the event.
1.8. Improving services
We use your personal data to continuously improve our services and systems, including the addition of new functionalities. We also process personal data in order to make informed decisions using comprehensive analyses and business intelligence, based on our legitimate interest that stems from the freedom of business and the need to improve the services we provide in order to succeed among the competition. However, in order to ensure sufficient protection of your rights and interests, we use personal data which is as anonymous as possible for this purpose.
· 1.9. Protection, security and dispute resolution
We may also process your personal data to ensure the protection and security of our customers and systems, to exercise our rights and make legal claims, to detect and prevent fraud, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements. We may also process personal data for the purposes of any audits carried out by public authorities.
2. To whom do we transfer personal data?
In most cases, we process your personal data for our own purposes as a controller, which means that we determine the above-mentioned purposes for the collection of your personal data, the means of processing and the proper execution.
We transfer your personal data to our partners only if it is necessary within the performance of a Purchase Agreement, e.g. to ensure payment or transport, as part of the performance of a Kidsapo Agreement, on the basis of a legitimate interest, or if you have given your consent to the transfer in advance.
We also transfer your personal data to our processors, who, of course, comply with the statutory conditions for personal data protection. These processors process personal data according to our instructions and your rights are not affected by this processing. With your consent, we may also transfer your personal data to social networks or marketing tool operators to display targeted advertising on other websites.
- 2.1. Categories of recipients
We may transfer your personal data to the following entities:
- companies and processors of the Kidsapo on the basis of the fulfilment of a Purchase Agreement or a Kidsapo Agreement for the performance of internal processes and procedures;
- payment service companies for the purpose of processing payments based on your order, i.e. fulfilling a Purchase Agreement;
- carriers for the purpose of delivering the products or services you have ordered and resolving complaints, including withdrawal from a Purchase Agreement;
- suppliers of goods or service centres in connection with a complaint related to goods or services ordered by you;
- partners who distribute commercial communications, who are bound by a duty of confidentiality and may not use your personal data for any other purpose;
- operators of marketing tools who help us personalise offers and content;
- social networks if you communicate with us through them or share content with us through social plugins;
- providers of tools for customer service communication with you or external call centres;
- partners conducting customer satisfaction surveys;
- technology vendors and cloud service providers;
- legal or financial representatives or courts for the purpose of the processing of tax documents, recovery of debts or for other reasons ensuing from the fulfilment of our statutory obligations;
- public authorities in the case of enforcement of our rights (e.g. the police).
If third parties use your personal data in the course of their own legitimate interests, we are not responsible for such processing. Such possible processing is governed exclusively by the privacy policies of the relevant companies and persons.
· 2.2. Data transfers outside the EU
When transferring your personal data to our processors, in some cases we may also transfer personal data to third countries that are not part of the European Union and that do not ensure an adequate level of personal data protection. However, such transfer will only be performed by us if our processor undertakes to comply with the standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission, which are available here.
3. For how long do we process personal data and how is it secured?
· 3.1. Security
The personal data we have collected about you and which we process is transmitted to us in an already encrypted form, using the SSL (secure socket layer) encryption system for this transmission. This system ensures that your personal data is safe when your browser communicates with our server. We secure our website and other systems with which we work with appropriate technical and organisational measures against the loss and destruction of your personal data, against access of unauthorised persons to your personal data and against the modification or dissemination of your data.
We are continuously improving this security, and we also require our processors to prove the compliance of the systems they use with the GDPR.
If you register, access to your customer account is possible only after entering the password you have chosen. We do not have access to your password because we store it in an encrypted form that is not decryptable, even for us.
Among other things, we would like to appeal to you that it is essential that you do not disclose your login details to third parties. We recommend that you log out when you are finished with your customer account, especially if you share the device with other users. We do not take responsibility for any misuse of your password unless we cause such a situation directly.
Cookies are a standard tool for storing information regarding the use of websites.
Cookies are small text files that are created automatically when you visit each website and that are stored within the browser you use on your computer, smartphone or other device. Thanks to some cookies, we can link your activities on our website until you close the browser. These cookies are automatically deleted when the browser window is closed.
However, other cookies remain in your browser or device for a set period of time and are reactivated each time you visit our website. In addition to cookies, we also use what are called tracking pixels, which are small images invisible to the average user that are based on a similar principle to cookies. The time for which cookies are left in your browser or device depends on the settings of the cookies themselves and also on the settings of your browser. We store data obtained from cookies for a maximum of one year.
· 4.1. What cookies do we use?
The cookies that we use on our website can be divided into two basic types:
- short-term, called “session cookies”, which are deleted immediately after the end of a visit to our website;
- long-term, called “persistent cookies”, which remain in your browser or device for a certain period of time or until you delete them manually.
Cookies can also be divided according to their functionality into:
- essential, which are technical and functional cookies that are important for the basic functionality of the website. Without these cookies, you would not be able to add goods to the shopping cart, place an order or log in to your customer account;
- analytical, which help us increase the user comfort of our website by understanding how users use it. They also allow us to analyse the performance of different sales channels;
- remarketing, which we use to personalise the content of ads and their correct targeting.
In practice, we use the above cookies, for example, for:
- the correct functionality of the shopping cart so that you can complete your order as easily and quickly as possible;
- remembering your login details so that you do not have to enter them repeatedly;
- making the best possible adaptation of our website to your requirements, thanks to the monitoring of traffic, your movements on the website and the functions you use;
- finding out what ads you view so that we do not show you ads for goods in which you are not interested in the future.
Some cookies, including their content, may collect information which may subsequently be used by third parties and which, for example, directly supports our advertising activities (called “third-party cookies”). For example, information about the products purchased on our website may be displayed by an advertising agency as part of the display and customisation of advertising banners on the websites you view. However, these cookies are anonymised for third parties and you cannot be identified according to this data.
· 4.2. How can you restrict cookies?
Information on the options for setting preferences for cookies can be found at the links below or in other documentation of Internet browsers:
5. Contact us
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Policy and the processing of your personal data, you can contact the Data Protection Officer via the email address email@example.com at any time. Your request will be processed without undue delay, within 30 days at the latest. In exceptional cases, especially given the complexity of your request, we may extend this time limit by an additional two months. However, we will inform you of any such possible extension and its justification.
Alternatively, you can contact us at the address or customer line listed in the footer of this Policy.
firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +420-776-637-959 (WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram).
6. Effective date